Saturday, April 16, 2011

How to update Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept to Froyo 2.2


Hello peepz! I hope that everyone is enjoying the weekend. I have posted a video on YouTube of my Virgin Mobile Froyo update to 2.2. My phone is working great with less freezing and issues but I have received a lot of e-mails asking me how I updated my phone without receiving the update below I will tell you exactly how to update it. This is a quick an easy fix for the upgrade but remember if you decided to do this it is at your own risk also please (Note) these steps do not work on rooted or previously rooted phones. 

Download *whatever one works for you, you don’t need both*
Or...


Instructions..
1.       Click the link and save the file (Don’t Unzip) to your SD card’s root directory. (Not in a Folder)
2.       Change the file name to “Update.zip” (If during the installation it Aborts change to “update”
3.       Turn off your phone (Make Sure its fully charged)
4.       Hold down the VOLUME DOWN, SEND & END key all together until the phone boots up to recovery mode screen. (Plug phone in once you’re at the screen. If you leave the charger in before, it will boot normally and not to recovery mode. Also make sure the phone is fully powered off before turning it back on. If the keyboard light turns on when you slide it up, it is not off. ))
5.       Using the touch  pad or volume bottoms, scroll down and select “update.zip”

((This update will take quite a few minutes to complete))

Let it run and it will reboot when it is complete.
If you need help please contact the Virgin Samsung intercept page at

Enjoy Froyo 2.2

3 comments:

  1. I am no expert in technology, I didnt want to try this, but I did and it actually worked :) I'm really excited about it, its not that hard. Froyo is definitely awesome! Thanks Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for you're kind comment, I'm glad you where able to get the update from me and your enjoying Froyo! Take care.. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete