Sunday, March 6, 2011

Virgin Mobile Optimus V surpasses Samsung Intercept.

A good morning to all my blogger readers, It’s March 6th so that means were getting closer and closer to Spring and after this long cold Winter here in southern Michigan I can definitely say I’m ready for some warm air and sunshine. I hope this blog post finds everyone in great health and happiness. 


From my YouTube box I've received lots of comments on the Lg Optimus V, Virgin Mobiles newest handset device and the underdog the Samsung Intercept.  A lot of the questions regarding these phones have to do with comparison, we definitely want to buy a phone that fits are needs and that we are happy with, so today I would love to answer some of them questions and tell you what I think. Please keep in mind that these are my idea’s only; you may have a different opinion on the products.

Let’s begun with the Samsung Intercept. Virgin Mobile’s first Android device, When this phone came out I had never even used a Android powered phone and I had no Idea even what to expect from it, In fact I really didn’t care at the time if I got this phone because I didn’t know the potential of the Android Market when I discovered it I found myself super excited, If you’re curious I was running   the Blackberry Curve by Virgin Mobile before getting the Intercept. Any who this phone was a hit right away the applications are a lot of fun and having a full QWERTY keyboard is always great.

When The Optimus V was released by Virgin Mobile USA I didn’t believe that for the 149.99 dollar price tag that this phone could surpass the intercept. Sure it was loaded with Android Froyo 2.2 with live wallpaper but without the keyboard I wasn’t so impressed until I dropped my Intercept into some water and broke it, then I decided to take the plunge and buy the Optimus V. It’s very true that the Lg Optimus V is a faster phone which is quite surprising because it has a smaller processor. After using both devices let me show you what I feel is the good and bad about both phones in my opinion.

Samsung Intercept                                             Lg Optimus V
QWERTY Keyboard                                           Faster More reliable
Physical Keys                                                   Live Wallpapers
Speed Dial                                                        No Freezing Problems
Angry Birds Problems                                        No Speed Dial L
Freezing Issues                                                 More solid professional device
800 MHZ Processor                                           Android 2.2 Froyo
Update to Android froyo soon                              Key’s more responsive
                                                                        Cheaper in price with better OS
                                                                        600 MHz processor
                                                                        Bad Battery Life
After having both of these phones the Lg Optimus V has won me over although I do miss the lacking physical keyboard that the intercept has. The speed of the Lg Optimus V and professional feel works better for me! Would you like to see a comparison of the Lg Optimus V and the Samsung Intercept? Check out my YouTube channel for more information. Again Blogger friend’s it’s been nice thanks again for taking the time to read this and have a wonderful up coming week.
                                                   All the best,
                                                  SassyTechGirl
                                                 Rebecca Marie 

Picture Courtesy of © Virgin Mobile USA

No comments:

Post a Comment